Sunday, January 31, 2010

Violent Gordon.

These allegations against Gordon Brown are so explosive that if they weren't by Andrew Rawnsley-a Labour leaning reporter with an established track record as a journalist- would seem too extreme to be true. If his much rumoured temper is so extreme that he physically assaults the people who work for him then he has to go.

Politically it is potentially disastrous if the television stations lead on the allegations tomorrow- it is hard to imagine what could make someone look worse than a revelation that he physically man handles secretaries who displease him and has the temper of a five year old. The fact that he doesn't seem to lose his temper so badly with people who would be in a position to fight back, cabinet colleagues for example, is revealing.

I suppose those who called him the Prime Mentalist can feel vindicated.

Update: Apart from the Daily Mail no publication is picking up on this story. Have the lawyers been wheeled out?

5 comments:

JuliaM said...

"...it is hard to imagine what could make someone look worse than a revelation that he physically man handles secretaries who displease him and has the temper of a five year old."

He's survived being the man who ruined the pensions, collapsed the economy, starved the army of vital funding, presided over the recession, bailed out the banks with taxpayer moolah, etc, etc.

Why should this be any different?

His supporters are probably wishing they, too, could get away with doing that to people they disagree with...

Ross said...

"Why should this be any different? "

The other stuff needs to be explained to the voters, but the thought of him hitting a senior civil servent or angrily pulling a woman out of her chair is just so clearly wrong that it's hard to see how anyone could justify it.

asquith said...

Yes, remember this?

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/bruce-anderson/bruce-anderson-it-is-almost-impossible-for-mr-brown-to-cling-on-and-it-is-almost-impossible-to-replace-him-878707.html

I'm waiting for valid confirmation because I'm still not sure this happened. But I think he's a knob anyway & I also thought Blair was a knob.

Are you getting Rawnsley's upcoming book? I might not bother just because I have so many books already & despite my hardcore efforts to read I am getting down them really slowly. Obviously I'm not proud of that but it's true.

I did appreciate "Servants of the People" though, so I might.

Ross said...

I won't buy the book but if my local library gets a copy I will look through it.

Anderson is right about the impossibility of removing Brown, which is why some Labour MPs should have at least challenged for the leadership back in 2007.

JuliaM said...

"...just so clearly wrong that it's hard to see how anyone could justify it."

Once they've finished trying to deny it, it's going to be amusing to see how they try to do just that, though.. ;)