Saturday, September 08, 2007

Generous & Modest!

The BBC's decision to drop the 'Planet Relief' day has upset some people. It can be said that Al Gore's Live 8 demonstrated that getting pampered celebrities to deliver sanctimonious lectures is a good way to get people's hackles well and truly up. Normally I'd agree, but then you trawl through some entertainment blogs and you soon realise just how special some of our celebrity betters are, such as Canadian pop singer Avril Lavigne who describes her munificence thusly:
"I am a very giving person. When the hurricane thing happened, I went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, 'Take it to Katrina!' I also like to give stuff to people who are my 'workers,' especially if they don't make much money."
It's like Mother Theresa has been reincarnated.

No comments: