Friday, September 09, 2011

Foxy Murderey Knoxy

As someone who did not follow the Amanda Knox case in much detail  I was getting the impression from the media coverage that there were serious question marks over her conviction for the murder of Meredith Kercher. This article by an American lawyer dispels those fears:

Knox's first-of-several alibis for the night of the murder was that she was at her boyfriend (and co-defendant) Sollecito's house all night, sound asleep until 10 a.m. the next morning.
A few days later, when that was proved false by telephone records, eyewitnesses and Sollecito's admission that it was a lie, Knox claimed she was in the house during Meredith's murder ... and she knew who the murderer was!
She said it was her boss, Patrick Lumumba, the owner of a popular bar in town:
"He wanted her. ... Raffaele and I went into another room and then I heard screams. ... Patrick and Meredith were in Meredith's bedroom while I think I stayed in the kitchen. ... I can't remember how long they were together in the bedroom, but the only thing I can say is that at a certain point I remember hearing Meredith's screams and I covered my ears. ... I can't remember if Meredith was screaming and if I heard thuds but I could imagine what was going on."
Solely because of Knox's claim that Lumumba murdered Meredith, he was arrested and sat in jail for two weeks before being released when the police discovered about a hundred eyewitnesses who could place him at his bar all night, the night of the murder.
If the police were intent on framing Knox for the murder, they were easily distracted by this wild goose chase.

It is a piece worth reading in full, although many people will dismiss it because the lawyer's name is Ann Coulter.

5 comments:

JuliaM said...

"... he was arrested and sat in jail for two weeks before being released when the police discovered about a hundred eyewitnesses who could place him at his bar all night, the night of the murder."

That took two whole weeks..?!?

Ivor Grumble said...

I kind of followed it. I don't know about anyone else, but if I heard a girl screaming and thudding in the next room and it was obvious she was being attacked I wouldn't stand there 'covering my ears'. Lying cunt she is.

staybryte said...

I remain baffled as to the fascination this woman holds for very large numbers of experienced journalists. Can anyone help me out? I really don't get it.

Ross said...

Julia- Yeah I wondered that too.

Ivor- My thoughts exactly.

Starbryte- Because she's a young pretty middle class woman with a 'sexy' lifestyle.

James Higham said...

I'm connected to TJFMK and so I'm biased but the evidence is certainly there and the way the Italian press are writing it up [in Italian] is vastly different to the usual American stuff. There are a few journo shills who are absolutely everywhere just now - over here, over there and yet they are not affecting the court one little bit.