Friday, February 22, 2008

Quote Of The Day.

Watching Hillary Clinton's campaign implode is tremendous fun, it is enough to make me suspect that her supposed genius is rather overstated. PJ O'Rourke noted HRC's fundamental stupidity more than a decade ago:
Mrs Clinton seems to possess the highly developed, finely attuned stupidity usually found in the upper reaches of academia. Hear her on the subject of nurseries and pre-schools: "From what experts tell us, there is a link between the cost and the quality of care." Then there is her introduction to the chapter titled "Kids Don't Come with Instructions":

There I was, lying in my hospital bed, trying desperately to figure out how to breast feed... As I looked on in horror, Chelsea started to foam at the nose. I thought she was strangling or having convulsions. Frantically, I pushed every buzzer there was to push. A nurse appeared promptly. She assessed the situation calmly... Chelsea was taking in my milk, but because of the awkward way I held her, she was breathing it out of her nose!

The woman was holding her baby upside down.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

Watching Hillary Clinton's campaign implode is tremendous fun, it is enough to make me suspect that her supposed genius is rather overstated.

Agree, agree but the big states are still coming though. She could still do it. The super-dels will tell.

Ross said...

The super delegates will hold the balance of power but I would imagine that if she is only chosen because of the support from super delegates then she will be a lame duck.