Thursday, August 25, 2011

What The World Has Been Waiting For....

..... Laurie Penny interviews Johnie Marbles (pie thrower).

Marbles claims that:
I think the reason that a lot of people were so negative is that they really thought they were watching a trial, a trial I had interrupted. But a select committee has so few powers. The judge at my appeal compared what I did to contempt of court, but if they had been in a court I wouldn't have done it, there'd have been no need. If we had any real justice in our society, the dock is exactly where the Murdochs would have been. Instead, it was a circus, so I played the clown.
Well no.  If you want "You can't handle the truth!" style theatrics a parliamentary committee is not the place to find it. However by asking dull but critical questions the person being interviewed is forced to give answers. Whilst the answers given may not be explosive at the time that they are given they can become much more significant later on. As James Murdoch has since discovered.

If Johnie Marbles had not decided to turn the event in to the Johnie Marbles show then maybe Rupert Murdoch would be in a similar position now.

3 comments:

Pavlov's Cat said...

I think the reason that a lot of people were so negative .......

Actually, the consensus of opinion when talking amongst my chums was, they saw a young man looking to assault an 80 year old man, then looked at their own Grandad and thought 'What an absolute cunt to do that'

A K Haart said...

I agree with Pavlov's Cat - it looked bad.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Pavlov's Cat - it looked bad.

Probably because it was. He really is a sad prick.

Peter