Saturday, March 13, 2010

Teenage Lesbians Stripped....

.... of the right to go to a dance.

I've seen a lot of comment on this story:

A teenager's battle to be allowed to take her girlfriend to her school prom has divided America.

Constance McMillen has filed a lawsuit asking a judge to order the dance to go ahead after her school cancelled it rather than let the same-sex couple attend.
It seems to me that most people who have opined about the matter are just sticking to their preconceived notions.

I'm not like that, when I see a story I actually do some research before sharing my opinion, so I'm going to be googling for "teenage lesbians" for a few moments before commenting.

..

...

This is actually taking longer than I anticipated, I'll be back later.

7 comments:

Macheath said...

Talk about google-whoring!

opsimath said...

You're right - there's an awful lot to get through ;)! Still, in the interests of freedom, equality and in spite of a stiffness in my nethers, I must continue!

asquith said...

You wonder why people get worked up over things like this, don't you? Some people would be glad she is in a relationship with someone who loves her, rather than engaging in meaningless sex, & maybe even getting pregnant.

Looking at her picture I don't think she is a great loss to men, but haven't we got better things to do than get upset over two consenting adults showing how they feel about each other? You'd have thought the Mississippi education system had other concerns, such as making itself a bit less shite.

Good to see that arsewipe "Mowdiwarp" get marked down.

Oh, & I was once doing some academic, scholarly research on Asian lesbians when I encountered this.

http://www.aboutwomyn.com/buffy/buffy-satsu-sex/

Who'd have thought a site called "About Womyn" would contain something worth looking at?

Autonomous Mind said...

Hehehehe. Excellent. I bet you're still 'researching' as I type...

Ross said...

Macheath- Google-whoring? Moi?

Opsimath- You also exemplify the spirit of fact finding.

Asquith- That is a very er interesting link.

Autonomous Mind- I've finished for now and will share my discoveries later.

Dr Evil said...

ROTFLMFAO!!! Googling indeed!

I think it was the girlfriend planning on wearing a tuxedo that floored the high school big wigs.

Anonymous said...

Very good.