A railwayman from Poland has awoken after a 19-year coma to discover communism has been swept away and the shops are full of food.If someone woke up in Britain after 19 years, the changes they would observe would be profound and troubling for most people. These are just some of the things they would experience:
Jan Grzebski, 65, was hit by a train in 1988 and was given only two years to live by doctors. But his wife Gertruda continued to care for him, and never lost hope that he would recover consciousness.
'When I went into a coma there was only tea and vinegar in the shops, meat was rationed and huge petrol queues were everywhere,' he told the Polish news channel TVN24.
'Now I see people on the streets with cell phones and there are so many goods in the shops it makes my head spin. What amazes me is all these people who walk around with their mobile phones and never stop moaning - I've got nothing to complain about.'
- Mobile phones that actually are mobile.
- Muslim extremists demanding that criticism of their religion be censored. Oh wait that's not new.
- Mark Steel's 'hilarious' columns about Thatcher and the miners strike would not appear to be dated.
- The media broadcasting terrorist propaganda, oh wait that's not new either.
- Left wing intellectuals posing as victims of persecution if anyone disagrees with them. Dammit that's not new* either.
* Incidentally the Wiki article on 'Charter 88' , contains a description of them by Neil Kinnock which raises my opinion of the man quite considerably 'Wankers, whiners and whingers', he could be succicnt when he chose to be..