Friday, October 26, 2007

My MP Is Actually Quite Good.

Via the Fulham Reactionary at A Tangled Web I see that my constituency MP, Phillip Hollobone, claimed the lowest expenses of anyone in the house. As Guido Fawkes notes, his carefulness with other people's money comes in addition to him being effective both as a constituency MP* and a legislator. This is all the more impressive considering that he occupies a marginal constituency that was held by Labour from 1997 to 2005, his predecessor was both more costly and less efficient.

On top of this he wants to leave the EU too, what more could I possibly ask for?


* Although he is good as a constituency MP, I don't really like MPs doing constituency work as I have said before. It is not their job to be glorified social workers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

¨It is not their job to be glorified social workers.¨

Couldn´t agree more.