Tuesday, May 01, 2007

How Should I Vote?

As a crack political blogger I am always up to date with the inside gossip, so let me share a rumour I've recently heard- there are some local elections this week, or is it next week? Not being overly enamoured of the direction David Cameron is taking the Conservatives, particularly his seeming contempt for Conservative voters who were apparantly Apartheid loving, Aids spreading knuckle draggers until the Notting Hill set took over, I am in a quandry as to whether I should vote conservative or deface my ballot with a drawing of an enormous set of male genitalia. In favour of defacement are these factors:
  • My ward isn't a swing ward so my vote will have not any impact on who is elected.
  • A high Tory vote will only encourage Cameronism.
  • Local councils mostly implement policy set in Whitehall rather than exercise real power.
On the other hand voting Conservative will ensure that Tony Blair leaves office on the back of a humiliating rejection by the electorate.

No comments: