Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jane Woody- We Will Never Forget You.

Whilst the death of a young mother is very sad, the torrent of sentimental nonsense that the death of Jade Goody has brought forth is getting a bit excessive. The Sun's 30 page pull out was more than they would have produced if World War Three started.

I'm not totally immine to this sentimentalism myself, I've already deleted one derogotary comment I made about her in 2007, and I'm thinking of editing the others.

Anyway here is a round up of the best posts concerning her demise:
  1. Dungeekin: Max Clifford to sue Liam Neeson- "In a statement released through his solicitors Frameup, Chasem & Ambulance, Mr Clifford stated that the legal action was to compensate him for loss of earnings after Ms Richardsons' death denied him the front pages of the tabloids."
  2. Mark Wadsworth- Jade Goody's intelligent estate planning. There are several posts on a similar theme.
  3. A Tangled Web- The 'Dianaification' of Jade's death.
  4. Will Self at the First Post- The celebrity death 'freak show'
Update:

Gordon Brown on Jade, January 2007:
“I understand that in the UK there have already been 10,000 complaints from viewers about these remarks, which people see, rightly, as offensive.

“I want Britain to be seen as a country of fairness and tolerance. Anything detracting from this I condemn.”
Gordon Brown on Jade, March 2009:

'She was a courageous woman both in life and death and the whole country have admired her determination to provide a bright future for her children.

'She will be remembered fondly by all who knew her and her family can be extremely proud of the work she has done to raise awareness of cervical cancer which will benefit thousands of women across the UK.

5 comments:

Dungeekin said...

Many thanks for the link - I'm flattered.

D

Mark Wadsworth said...

Ta for link. The MSM finally caught up with me today.

JuliaM said...

30 page puull out..?

I hope you are joking. But I fear you are not....

Anonymous said...

"I hope you are joking. But I fear you are not...."

I heard it as if it was real. If there entire website coverage was replicated on dead tree then it is plausible:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/jade_goody/

JuliaM said...

"Gordon Brown on Jade, March 2009..."

If I look up the word 'shameless' in the dictionary, will I see a picture of the Gorgon in there?