- Anyone who thought that Islamist terrorism was purely a reaction to Bush was an idiot.
- The fact that an engineering alumnus from one of Britain's most prestigious universities can't even detonate an explosive is a damning indictment of our education system. It was one thing when an ex con retard like Richard Reid couldn't light up his shoes but this is absurd.
- Plane passengers aren't passive in the face of perceived threats any more.
- It will be interesting to see whether the suspect was radicalised in the UK or in Nigeria.
- Al Qaeda have never actually managed to blow a plane up (though they have crashed planes obviously) despite numerous attempts over the years. Perhaps smuggling substantial quantities of usable explosives on to planes is actually harder than is generally assumed.
The topless towers of Reculver
6 hours ago