Friday, September 05, 2008

Nobody's Perfect.

Barack Obama on the Surge:
“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,”
Count me as nobody then, somehow I suspected more soldiers might be a good solution to a lack of security caused by an insufficient number of troops. It was mystifying to me at the time why the pundits were so convinced that the Surge would fail given how obviously sensible it was.

More pertinently John McCain anticipated it perfectly well and several years in advance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"It was mystifying to me at the time why the pundits were so convinced that the Surge would fail given how obviously sensible it was."

Well, they were doing their damndest to ensure that it did. They were just as hapless at that as everything else...